Ramadhan Special 3: Apam Balik

Often referred as Ban Chien Kuih by Chinese, Apam Balik is the Malay version of Ban Chien Kuih. Apam Balik is a typical Malaysian delicacy sold widely in night markets and it can also be a perfect snack for buka puasa. 


Topped with sugar and peanuts, the Apam Balik in Kampar Old Town Market is quite remarkable. 
Ingredients to prepare Apam Balik consists of wheat flour, a bit of salt, baking powder, sugar, oil, milk, egg, crushed peanuts with sugar and also butter. Some will add some cream corn. 
The Apam Balik sold here is so soft and fluffy that it can bring back a lot of memories. We can buy a whole pan of Apam Balik and share it among family and friends. Besides, customers also have the option to add coconut sugar if they want to for RM5.50.

The business of selling Apam Balik started from the owner's father's time. Then his father retired and stop selling Apam Balik some 20 years ago. The current stall owner and his son then decided to reopen the stall.


Ingredients to prepare: 
Wheat flour, a bit of salt, baking powder, sugar, oil, milk, egg, crushed peanuts with the mixture of sugar and also butter. 


The pan they used has 80 years of history.



He is the third generation seller of Apam Balik






Price:
1 piece: RM 0.80
10 pieces: RM 7.80
Added cocunut sugar:  RM 5.50


Location:
Only at Kampar old town (in front of Pasar) 
No other branch

Business hour:
7:00 a.m.- 11 a.m.
(Rest on every Monday)

By: Jane

Share:

84 comments

  1. 😍😍 look delicious wanna try this out

    ReplyDelete
  2. 原來還有這個地方 有機會一定去吃

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am hungry when I see this😩😋

    ReplyDelete
  4. Price per piece definitely cheaper than kl pricing.Will definitely give it a try on my next visit there.I like the fact that they are still keeping the family business alive

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks decent! Love the detailed contents of ur blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am hungry just by looking at this

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see what's next.Yummy and cheap good combination

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice pics and write up.Kudos to the team.Keep up the team spirit

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow~~so nice~~look so yummy😍

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow~~so nice~~look so yummy😍

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its really delicious���� YUMMY��

    ReplyDelete
  13. wanna try !!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing so detailed about apam balik. Apam balik is one of my favourite food !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks soooooooo gooooooood! Apam Balek is my go-to snack of all time. Goons try this out when I have the chance to visit Kampar��

    ReplyDelete
  16. look sooo goood lahhh…hungry noww,i want eat

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks good! Will definitely try this when I go to Perak!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks delicious! Will try it when I have a chance to get there!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very awesome pics and good commentary on one of my fav foods. In Penang they sell ban chien kuih with all sorts of creative n yummy filling like choc, peanut butter, cheese, bacon, ham, fruity jams etc but d ori of peanuts, cream corn and butter is stil my fav!😘😘😘

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very awesome pics and good commentary on one of my fav foods. In Penang they sell ban chien kuih with all sorts of creative n yummy filling like choc, peanut butter, cheese, bacon, ham, fruity jams etc but d ori of peanuts, cream corn and butter is stil my fav!😘😘😘

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this food since i was small
    Make me so hungry nw

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this food since i was small
    Make me so hungry nw

    ReplyDelete
  23. This food really bring back alot of my childhood memories😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  24. Will bring my family and friend to go n try

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yummy yummy yummy love love love~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  26. One of my favourite street foods. Love that you guys featured it in your blog! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  27. Good job Jane. Thanks for the suggestion food Apam Balik

    ReplyDelete